I’m so happy! I was nominated by the lovely Liz from Sweet Pea for a coveted Liebster Award! I remember when I first started blogging on The Dance Grad back in October 2013, and I came across other bloggers who were nominated for Liebster Awards. I remember thinking to myself, “What the bleep is that?” Well, now its a little over a year later and after meeting some really awesome bloggers through a blogging challenge & Facebook group, I’ve been nominated for one as well! I was actually nominated by two really cool bloggers, Liz & Fedi, so you should definitely click their names & check both of their blogs out if you don’t know them already. I chose to answer Liz’s questions because she posted her’s first, but both of their blogs are really cool & worth checking out for sure!
So basically, the Liebster Award has been going around for a very long time, and its pretty much a blogging pay it forward. Its a way to spread blogger love around the internet to as many people as possible, and discover new bloggers that you may not have gotten a chance to see yet in this vast & massive blogosphere that we are all a part of. I originally thought that you had to have less than 100 followers, but since I’ve been nominated, I’m going to play along anyway because its fun & I love to share the blog-love whenever I can.
SO, here’s how it works. If you’re nominated, you have to:
1. Link back to the person that nominated you
2. Answer the 10 questions they listed in their post
3. Nominate 10 bloggers that have inspired you
4. Give them 10 new questions to answer
5. Notify them to let them know they’re a winner!
I picked most of my nominees from people I have met through a blog award that I held over the summer, where I met some really awesome ladies & got to check out their really cool blogs. The rest I met through YouTube or various other places on the internet (only know one in “real” life). Honestly, I have no idea if they’ve ever been nominated before or if any of them have completed this tag in the past, so if I nominated you and you’ve already done this before, then you obviously don’t have to accept. However, I will leave your link in the list of nominees for the exposure because I think all of your blogs/vlogs are fabulous! Anywho, here are my nominees:
My Questions for YOU
1. When and why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite type of physical exercise, and why?
3. What is your favorite holiday song? (any holiday will do)
4. What is your favorite type of chocolate (milk, dark, white, etc.)?
5. If you had to choose one article of clothing to wear every single day for the rest of your life, what would it be? (meaning one single specific thing, not the general “hat” or “shirt”)
6. What is your go-to hot beverage for this time of year?
7. If you could go anywhere in the world right now (time & money are not a factor), where would you go & why?
8. Rainy days or sunny days?
9. Can you touch your tongue to your elbow?
10. If you could interview anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
And, here are my answers to Liz’s questions:
1. Why do you blog?
I blog because I love to write and share my experiences and ideas with others. I’ve learned quite a bit and been through a lot during my 26 years on earth, and I want to use my knowledge to help others. Whether its through suggestions on how to get through a hot yoga class or just giving someone a bit of positive encouragement, I just hope to use my creativity to help people out in whatever way I can.
2. Do you love or hate rollercoasters?
LOVE them… but lately I’ve been getting motion sickness a lot more easily, so I’m not so sure if they’d love me back.
3. Do you collect anything?
I use to collect Beanie Babies. Then I collected Nsync memorabilia. Lately, I’ve been collecting mala beads. I currently only have 3 right now, and one of them I made myself kind of by accident (a story for another post perhaps), but I love them because they help me out with meditation & affirmations. They’re also really beautiful.
4. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
WARNING: May Cause Severe Awkwardness Due To Complete Obliviousness of Awkward Moments.
5. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
The claymation Rudolph The Red Nose Raindeer! “I’m cute! I’m cuuuuttee!!”
6. What three things do you think of the most each day?
Boyfriend. Food. Yoga/Blog/SocialMedia-ing (they can all count as one thing, right?)
7. What is your biggest fear?
Being alone. As an only child & someone who’s fairly good at being independent, I have no idea where this fear comes from, but its definitely there. I really like being alone and doing things on my own, but as long as I know that I will be able to be reunited with Matt or my family at some point. So, I guess its more of a fear or losing Matt or my parents, and not the act of being alone itself. I don’t know, maybe I’m just crazy.
8. What is your favorite holiday?
Its a toss up between Thanksgiving and Christmas! Those are the two holidays with THE BEST food… and I get to spend time with my close family members, which is also nice.
9. What was the last book you read?
Still trying to finish Blink by Malcolm Gladwell! Its really interesting, but definitely a bit difficult to get through. In fairness, I have been switching around between that book and other books since I first bought it in August, so that’s definitely been a huge factor in slowing me down. I just bought myself another book for my trip to Sri Lanka on Friday (12 hour plane ride from London to Colombo), so I don’t see myself finishing Blink any time soon.
10. Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods?
Hi, my name is Christina D’Arrigo, and I am a sugar addict. I was nearly 2 months sugar-sober this past summer, but then it all went to hell when I traveled to London for a wedding, and now, its pretty much a crap shoot. So, sweet. The answer is sweet.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and I hope to see you here again soon!
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for videos from me & my Yoga Channel as well! Also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, and Bloglovin! Have a beautiful day :)