I am by no means a beauty blogger, but as this post is a part of the 2014 Blogger Challenge, I’m going to give it a go!
My skin is somewhat problematic in that I often have acne blemishes, and I still have acne scarring from my previous blemishes that have come and gone. Therefore, I have a slightly tedious skin care routine. Since I also have combination skin, that means it not only breaks out with pimples, but it also has the tendency to be simultaneously oily and dry. This means my skin routine has to balance drying out my blemishes and keeping my face moisturized at the same time.
I believe that my current skin routine is working for me at the moment (sometimes I change it up after a while), so I’m going to share it with you in hopes that it may help you as well if you happen to suffer the same skin issues as I do.
Here we go…
When I Wake Up
1. Wash face with a gentile foaming cleanser to avoid aggravating your skin. I like to use Body Shop’s Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser.
2. Then take a cotton ball and apply a bit of toner and wipe face to remove excess residue. I like to use Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion.
3. With a cotton swab, apply a small dot of Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel to each blemish and blend into the skin.
4. Then as a make up primer, I apply Body Shop’s Tea Tree Pore Minimiser to create a matte look to my skin.
5. I then apply a tinted moisturizer to my skin before I begin my make up routine. I like to use Stilla Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20.
1. I repeat steps 1 & 2 from my morning routine.
2. I then apply FreeDerm Gel to each problem blemish.
3. Once that dries, I apply a less-than-pea-sized amount of FreeDerm Overnight Serum to my entire face.
Final Thoughts: As of now, I only have one problematic spot that’s currently healing, so I’d say that my routine is working for me. The only problem I still find is that my skin is not smooth or even, and I’m guessing I may have to eventually invest in a microdermabrasion of sorts to solve that problem.
**I hope you liked my post about my skin care routine! Please also check out the other bloggers’ posts who are participating in the 2014 Blogger Challenge as well! Also, if you can please spare a minute, like my Facebook page, add me on Google+, and follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin. I would very much appreciate all the support!**